News Flash


Posted on: October 31, 2022

Help for Unpaid Utility Bills

This logo is a dollar sign.

Customers behind on their BPU bills should first call our Customer Service Office at (716)661-1660 to request a payment agreement.  An agreement can be developed which allows for adding smaller monthly payments to your bill to pay off the overdue amount gradually.

Customers also may apply to the New York State Low Income Household Water Assistance Program (LIHWAP) at LIHWAP is a water and sewer emergency assistance program funded through federal resources.  Benefits are based on the amount of unpaid water and sewer bills owed by applicants, household size and income. The household must include a U.S. citizen and U.S. national.

The Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP) can help with your primary heating source bill. If gas is primary and needs electric to run the furnace, you may qualify.  Call 716-753-4385 or 716-661-8103.

Questions about any of the programs can be answered at our Customer Service Office, 92 Steele Street, (716)661-1660.


Facebook Twitter Email

Other News in Spotlights