News Flash


Posted on: June 14, 2022

More Help for Past-Due Utility Bills

Customer visits Customer Service Office.

Worried about overdue utility bills? First, contact our Customer Service Office at (716)661-1660 or stop in the office at 92 Steele Street, Jamestown, and ask for a payment agreement.

  • Our representatives will take a look at your situation and help design a plan for you.  With a payment agreement, you can pay a bit extra each month until your account is up-to-date.

  • The Home Energy Assistance Program (known as HEAP) has extended funding for primary heating bills.  If your natural gas furnace needs electricity to operate, you may qualify.  Contact HEAP at (716)661-8103 or (716)753-4998.

  • The New York State Low Income Household Water Assistance Program (LIHWAP) provides aid based on income, household size & amount owed to drinking water or wastewater utilities. Apply online 24 hours a day, any day of the week at  You may also print the application and submit it by mail.

  • Chautauqua Opportunities, Inc. makes funds available for overdue rent & utilities up to six months in arrears.  For details, contact (716)661-9430.

  • The Department of Health & Human Services offers help with electric, water & sewer bills.  Call (716)661-8200 or (716)753-4998.

  • The Johnson/BPU Good Neighbor Fund helps customers who normally pay their BPU bills but who run into a problem such as a house fire that keeps them from paying BPU bills.   An applicant cannot receive social services payments for utilities to qualify.  Recipients of HEAP and Social Security may apply.  Call the Salvation Army at (716)664-6108 to request an appointment.


Facebook Twitter Email