Large & Electronic Item Pick-Up
Special Item Pick-Up Services
You can now request large item pickups online through the My Account customer portal! Simply sign into your account and go the the "Forms" section to initiate the request. It's that easy.
The Garbage Hotline is available for messages twenty-four hours a day/seven days a week. Please leave a detailed message with your name, address and a list of the items that you are interested in having collected. You will receive a call back within one business day with a quote and with the date on which your items can be collected.
Any item weighing more than 40 pounds, larger than a bag of trash or something that cannot be easily handled by one employee are considered special collections and will incur a fee. The fee is discounted if the pick-up is scheduled ahead of your regular garbage day. Some items, including electronics, televisions and monitors may not be immediately collected without an appointment. It is recommended to call about special items at least two to three business days before your regular garbage day.
Examples of special items:
- Mattresses (must be dry)
- Carpet Rolls
- Major Appliances*
*The BPU does not collect appliances containing Freon, such as refrigerators, air conditioners, freezers and dehumidifiers. Please make other arrangements for these items. The County Transfer Stations will accept Freon items for a fee; please contact the Chautauqua County Landfill System directly for rate information at (716) 985-4785.
Special Collection Rates
- Scheduled Collection of extra garbage from BPU green container - $10
- Must be pre-scheduled for day before or after regular garbage day
- Scheduled large items- up to four items per week discounted to $10 each
- Unscheduled large item rate is $20 per item
- Scheduled rate for Televisions/Monitors $40 each
- Unscheduled rate for Televisions/Monitors is $60 each
- Off-route collection fee is $50 + item fee (items requested to be picked up outside of regular garbage day or time)