The Board of Public Utilities (BPU) Wastewater Treatment Plant (WWTP) accepts waste for treatment at our facility.
The contractor will need to send an application to dispose of waste. The application process to dispose of waste at our facility takes approximately 1 to 2 days. If approved, the contractor will receive an acceptance letter from the BPU stating the amount of waste accepted per day, delivery hours and the current rate they will be charged per gallon.
How to qualify to dispose of waste at our WWTP:
- The contractor will be required to provide the WWTP with a copy of the current waste hauler permit from the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) and may be required to provide current laboratory analytical results of the waste.
- In certain cases, the Chief Operator may ask for a sample of the waste for testing at the treatment plant.
Contact the Chief Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator with the following information:
- Approximate amount of waste
- Estimated timeline for delivery of waste
- Type of waste
General types of waste materials the WWTP accepts:
- Commercial and municipal waste
- Municipal sludge
- Residential waste from septic holding tanks
We do not accept wastewater generated from fracking operations.
Wastewater (Sewage) Processing Rates
The BPU accepts for processing certain municipal and commercial wastewater (sewage) wastes that are compatible with the efficient operation of the wastewater treatment plant. Said sewage waste is accepted only at designated locations within the area served by the BPU Wastewater system. Unauthorized dumping of any waste into the collection system is illegal. Septage from recreational vehicles is not accepted.
Arrangements may be made for the processing of other wastes on an as-needed and contractual basis.
|Type of Waste||Rate per gallon|
|Chautauqua County Leachate||$.00754|
|South/Center Sludge (piped)||$.0528|