The Electric Division of the Board of Public Utilities is regulated by the New York State Department of Public Service. The Home Energy Fair Practices Act (HEFPA) rules provide guidelines for utility operation. These rules are found in Part II of Title 16 of the New York Compilation of Codes, Rules and Regulations, Statutory authority: Public Service Law, article 2.
The Jamestown Board of Public Utilities is audited by the New York State Office of Audit and Control in addition to private audits performed for the utility itself and the City of Jamestown.
Rules & Regulations
The Jamestown Board of Public Utilities must also obey the rules and regulations of the following agencies for the operation of its electric, water, district heat, wastewater, and solid waste divisions:
- Federal Energy Regulatory Commission
- New York State Department of Environmental Conservation
- United States Department of Energy
- United States Department of Environmental Conservation
- United States Environmental Protection Agency
- New York State Health Department