The BPU operates a seasonal Yard Waste Site for residential Solid Waste customers.
The Site is located at 1001 Monroe Street, on the dead-end off Eighth Street in the City. The Site is open seasonally from spring to fall on Wednesdays and Saturdays.
Hours of Operation:
- Saturdays from 9 a.m. - 3 p.m. effective 4/15/17 – 11/11/17
- Wednesdays from 4 p.m. - 7 p.m. effective 5/3/17 – 9/27/17
- The Yard Waste Site is restricted to use by BPU Solid Waste customers only.
- Solid Waste Rates pay for operation of the Site.
- Contractors are not permitted to use the site.
Customers who want to use the Site must display a BPU Yard Waste Site sticker on the rear driver side window of their vehicles.
The window stickers are free-of-charge to BPU Solid Waste residential customers.
Only one sticker will be provided for each customer account.
A yellow 2017-2018 sticker is required and is available at the BPU Customer Service Office, 92 Steele St. during normal BPU office hours.
If you trade in your car with your sticker on it, you must provide proof from the car dealer before you may request a new sticker.
Use of the window stickers allow BPU employees to identify BPU Solid Waste residential customers.
Ensuring that non-BPU customers are not using the site, helps reduce the cost of the service to our customers.
- The site accepts leaves, grass clippings and brush.
- A list of acceptable yard waste is attached to the sticker.
- Metal, lumber, wood, tires, drywall and other construction materials will not be accepted.
- Large items such as couches, living room chairs and mattresses are not accepted. Pick-up should arranged by contacting the Garbage Hotline.
- For more information, contact the BPU Garbage Hotline at 661-1651 at any time of year.
Want to Avoid Transporting Yard Waste to the Site Yourself?
- The BPU Customer Service Office sells four packs of 30-gallon biodegradable yard waste bags for $10 a pack.
- The price includes pick-up of the bags at your home, either one at a time or all at once.
- Bag pick-up may be scheduled by calling the BPU Garbage Hotline at 661-1651 by 3 p.m. Monday for Tuesday morning collection.
1001 Monroe St. Jamestown, NY 14701