Third Party Notification

All residential customers may choose a third party to be notified regarding service disconnection, by notifying BPU Customer Services at 661-1660. A third party notice may keep your service from being turned off by mistake.

You may choose a relative, a friend, a member of the clergy, or an agency (such as the Department of Social Services) to be a "third party" for copies of any Final Disconnect Notices the utility sends to you because of overdue utility bills. The third party can contact the utility on your behalf and help you work out payment terms; but the third party is not responsible for paying your bills.

Home Water Electric Wastewater Solid Waste District Heat About the BPU Contact Us